by Diane Hall & Mark Foley
Series: Front line English grammar series English language textbook for foreign speakers (Spanish)
What this book consists of:
- 10 main units. Each unit explains and practises one of the ten modal verbs.
- A detailed summary in which the modal verbs are presented according
to their many varied meanings (ability, permission, offers, etc.).
- A series of consolidation exercises. These exercises practise all the modal verbs in varying contexts.
- Full answers to all exercises.
- English-Spanish glossary of words /phrases which occur in the exercises instructions.
Key features of the book:
- Clear and precise Grammar explanations in Spanish.
- Exercises in the ten main units linked very closely to the Grammar explanations.
- More than 70 all-English Exercises.
- Comprehensive cross referencing between units, and between the summary and individual units.
Who is the book for?
- The book is designed for intermediate students of English, who are
working by themselves or in a school or language institution. Students
above and below intermediate level will also gain much indispensible
knowledge about the meaning of modal verbs from this book.
1 Can/Can't/Be able to
2 Could/Couldn't/Be able to
3 Should/Ought to/Had better
4 Must/Have to
5 Need (to)
10 Used to
Answers to exercises (Units 1–10)
Answers to consolidation exercises
Glossary File size:
7.7 MBFile type:
PDF[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]